Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Turkey Bike


Every year as the holidays approach I think about how much I don't enjoy them. In a country where we have so much wealth and obsession with the material things we sometimes tend to forget the fact that people are still suffering from lack of basic things. Food, clothing, healthcare; it seems to me that we could do a better job. Anyway, I have decided to stop thinking negatively about this stuff and just try to contribute in small, simple ways. So this year I thought I would bring my turkey to the Community Food Bank. Then I thought, I'll ride my bike to bring my turkey to the Community Food Bank. And then I figured, why not challenge some other folks to do the same thing? Voila! Turkey Bike! I sent an email out on Wednesday and on Saturday 9 people showed up to do one simple, good, thing for someone else. So what? Well, it's a small thing, but 9 families will have a better holiday because of the actions of 9 total strangers. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Turkey Bike! from Brendan on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job.
    What kind of camera did you use for the video? I'm looking for a helmet-cam in case of altercations while commuting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using a vHoldr Contour HD. There is a new version just out called the Contour HD 1080.

    ReplyDelete