Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Freedom Rider

We had our first planning committee meeting for the NJ Bicycle Summit coming up in February 2010. Apparently there is some pent up demand for this as registrations are coming in quickly! It is a lot of work to get something like this put together but I think that the Summit will be a great success. Here is a picture Jim Vance from Hoboken Sweet Streets. He was the only person at the meeting who actually took the train and used his bike to get to the meeting. Cool.
Jim Vance
I am now convinced I can live without my car. The past week has been a challenge with my back problem and my chiropractor recommended that I lay of the bike for a few days so I did but I am anxious to be riding again. I am definitely more cranky when I don't get to ride! It is also occurring to me that I need to get back to the yoga and core routines to keep my aging body happy. Jim is inspirational because he is obviously ecstatic to not own a car and gets where he needs to be pretty effectively. His bike is pretty cool too. A truly free man moves under his own power!

No comments:

Post a Comment