Monday, January 18, 2010

Ouch

Trainer Night
So, it's come to this. Indoor training. Our sponsored team, the Bulldogs, are leading a trainer night at the Parsippany location of Cycle Craft and I am reluctantly participating even though I would rather do almost anything other than riding an indoor trainer. It's probably the A.D.D. thing but I have a really hard time keeping my attention on riding nowhere for more than a few minutes. The group thing definitely helps because there is plenty of socializing in between the bouts of heavy breathing and sweating. After not having ridden for about a month I was hurting by the end of the session. You would be amazed at how challenging a ride to nowhere can be! Emboldened by my trainer session, I got back on my commuter tank on Thursday and managed the 8 mile "short" route to work on Thursday. I gotta be honest, it was not a very inspiring ride. It's Monday morning and I am thinking I should ride in again today. The air is cool, but not too bad, and the road is wet but I am compelled. I do it for myself but I also do it to make a point. Does it make a difference to anyone else? To me? Can tiny things make a difference? I feel like I am whispering in a windstorm.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but notice the dude picking his nose. Help that was staged.

    ReplyDelete