Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My second tank in 75 Days!


My second tank in 75 Days!
Originally uploaded by brendan61

As I predicted, now that I am back from Las Vegas we are now fully engaged in Autumn. On the flight back I started getting some classic cold symptoms and sure enough I was down for the weekend. Not wanting to make my condition worse I decided to drive to work on Monday and Tuesday. For those of you scoring at home that's 4 times now since July 13th when I started on the year without cars. On Tuesday morning I had one of those little aha! moments as I filled up for only the second time since July 13th! Last year during the same period I had filled my 13 gallon tank about 16 times. I think I saved just a little under $600! Not bad. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Why did I have to fill it even that much?" As I mentioned when I started the project, I use the car for some chores and getting to places where, because of distance and time restraints, riding is not practical. Still, I think the impact is pretty dramatic. Could you imagine if one out of ten people were to do this? Energy security would be within our grasp! It's not that hard folks, let's give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Good going! I agree, let's get a few hundred thousand more people involved.

    BTW I finally refueled my beast of a truck in mid August, last time was in late March!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete