Friday, July 17, 2009

Days 3 & 4

Time flies when you are having fun! Wednesday (day 3) is our regular day for our after work MTB ride. Here comes one of those lifestyle choices I was talking about. I hitched a ride to the park to join the ride because there is no way I could make it to the park in time to meet with everyone else. The park is certainly with riding distance of work but if I want to ride with other people compromise is necessary. I did, however, ride back home from the park so I can safely say that I rode more bicycle miles than I rode in a car. On Thursday (day 4) I did my usual commute in by bike but caught a ride home in Cathy's car because she wanted to go mountain biking again. No problem. We got home and suited up for our ride over to the park. The ride to the park and back plus a bit of trail riding is about ten miles altogether and just what the doctor ordered for stress relief after a what has been a trying week.
There is a strange phenomena that occurs with all this riding and that is the more I ride, the more I want. Also, the flabby ring around my middle, which has been my constant companion when I am not riding, is rapidly disappearing! Just more evidence that what this country needs more than universal health care is a focus on universal health. A little bit of exercise and some sensible eating would sure go a long way towards reducing health care costs in this country. But I guess the simplest solutions are the hardest for many to embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment